Friday, June 18, 2010

Busy notes

I can't believe how busy we've been the last couple of weeks. And there is no end in sight! It's going to be a very busy summer. Compounded by the fact that I have a neice on the way, and a good friend is due around the same time, and delivering at the same hospital. What do you think the odds are that they will deliver in the same weekend?

Father's Day is this weekend. I got Mike some really good presents this year that I think he will enjoy. I am looking forward to seeing his face when he opens his presents :) I think I forgot to mention on here what I got for Mother's Day - a necklace with our entire family's birthstones. Hand picked by Mike. I absolutely love it. The only problem is Kevin likes to grab it, so I have to be careful when wearing it!

I have essentially filled up my hard drive on my laptop with pictures. Thus, I haven't been able to download any off my camera until I make room. I burned 4 CD's last weekend and I only freed up 1.2 MB of space. I have a long way to go...

I am still nursing Kevin, which for me is a huge accomplishment. I only made it 6 months with Amanda, but I am enjoying the bond Kevin & I have. He is 10 1/2 months now, and getting so big. He is crawling into everything, and pulling up. It's only a matter of time until he starts taking those first steps! He moved up to the Infant II class at daycare last month. He is the smallest one in there, but there is another move coming July 1 when he should be joined by his smaller friends from the Infant I class.

Amanda will be moving up to Preschool on July 1. Finally. She's only been potty trained for nearly 9 months now... but there hasn't been room for her at the preschool level, so we had to wait. She is excited to be moving to the other side of the center, where all the "big kid" stuff is. She tells me every day when she gets to go visit her friends over there, especially her best friend "Nicky". I can't believe how big she is getting now too. She is going through a very sensitive stage where everything is a huge deal and she cries a lot, so I am trying to be sensitive to her and give her more attention. She is very artistic (like her dad) and loves to draw and use scissors (safe preschool scissors). She can now draw a very good looking happy face, complete with hair, as well as most of the numbers 1-10 (has some trouble with 2 & 5). Too soon she will be ready for Kindergarten and more independent than ever!

No comments: