Friday, June 19, 2009

We have floors!

This week the tile floors went in. I chose a pattern called "offset diamond". The tiles are laid at an angle (diamond) and then offset from eachother, so each line of tiles doesn't line up. I originally wanted something more complicated, but several people recommended with our small space the design would be lost. So we went fairly simple.

The floor extends into the laundry room where the hot water heater is stored, so I had no hot water from Tuesday morning until they put it back in Thursday evening. Thank God it started back up again!


Countertops go in today (Friday) and the last details and appliances go in next week. So we should be done by the end of next week. A total of about 5-6 weeks without a kitchen. Not bad for a kitchen remodel! I really loved our contractor, so if anyone in the LA area is looking for a contractor, I will highly recommend him!

No comments: