Monday, December 21, 2009

It's beginning to feel like Christmas

Today is Dec. 21st, and I'm finally starting to feel like Christmas. With everything going on with a new baby, and then flying to Illinois with said baby, I didn't even start Christmas shopping until Dec. 2. That is so not like me (I like to be DONE by the day after Thanksgiving), so it's no surprise that panic started to set in around Dec. 3 and I've been feeling more like a chicken with it's head cut off, than Santa.

Which explains why I've been neglecting the blog.

And by the way, I'm still not done with my shopping. *sigh* Every time I think I'm done, something reminds me I should have gotten a gift for so-and-so and then I have to come up with something, and then I'm at Toys-r-us at 10 o'clock at night when I should be at home sleeping... Sleeping? What's that? You would think with 2 children who sleep 12+ hours every night I would be getting plenty of rest. But no...

And the weather isn't helping much. It's been 75-80 degrees every day. It doesn't feel like winter! But it's supposed to finally cool down and rain tonight. I'm hoping to curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the rain from inside next to the fireplace. Yes, that sounds nice...

Anyway, so I baked yesterday like a madwoman. 8 hours straight, so the daycare ladies would have some homecooked goodness as part of their holiday gifts. 3 new recipes, only one of which really turned out good. But I think the baking and listening to Christmas carols finally got me in the Christmas spirit. That and Amanda did a great job helping me roll out the dough and sprinkling sugar in the appropriate places (instead of screaming). Yes, yesterday was a good day, despite the dissappointing results.

Pictures to follow once I get them uploaded...

No comments: