Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Patience

pa·tience   [pey-shuhns]
noun
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

I have decided I need to work on my patience skills.  This week has been extraordinarily hard for me.  We had a very busy weekend and I think the kids are still recovering from that.  Plus, I think Kevin is finally teething again (still no eye teeth!).  Then work has been very busy, with the end of the quarter looming.  I have lost it more than once, and I need to learn to take it all in stride.
 
I attended my mom's club on Monday and we began watching a video series by Rob Bell called Nooma (http://www.nooma.com/).  One particular quote really stuck with me:
"And an infinite, massive, kind of invisible God, that’s hard to get our minds around, but truth, love, grace, mercy, justice, compassionthe way that Jesus lived, I can see that."
 
I've been thinking about putting those 6 words in pretty fonts, framed around our house and just remind eachother every day to use them.

No comments: