Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sorry

Sorry I haven't gotten another post in here this week. Mike's finally not working overtime anymore, so he's been demanding my full attention at home. I have some cute pictures of him cuddling with the cat on Sunday, and of Amanda playing "peek-a-boo" with the sheets when I was trying to make the bed. I'll get them up as soon as I can.

I had Amanda's 1 year pics taken on Saturday at JCPenney. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, so I'm going to try and make an appointment with Picture People and see if they can't get some better pictures. Amanda was very clingy and wouldn't leave my side, so the photographer had me hold her hand, but she didn't tell me to take my ugly old gray sweatshirt off, so the pictures of her standing have my ugly gray sweatshirt in the shot! Then she had me strip her down to her diaper and we got some really good shots of her playing with pink balloons. My only problem is I already have a gang of pictures of her naked for her 6 months shots! I'd like some with her clothes on!

I also spent last night attempting to do our taxes. We've been going to a tax guy that specializes in what Mike can write off for his work, but his fees have been going up and last year he charged $325! Plus he's located all the way out in Westlake (like a good 90 minute drive with no traffic). So this year we decided I would try and do them myself, and if it was waaaaaay too complicated, then we'd go back to him. I *think* I got it, but I need to go over everything again before I file the final version. Boy, when I used to do my taxes as a single person they were sooooooooo much easier! I would just file the 1040EZ (taking the standard deduction) and be on my way. Now we have so much more to write off. And these tax software packages aren't as "easy" as they make them out to be. I mean, I'm an accountant and I still don't understand all the jargon they use!

Anyway, glad it's Wednesday, almost to the end of the week!

No comments: