Thursday, July 15, 2010

Disconnected!

My laptop crashed. I don't mean "oh well, run an antivirus and it'll be back to normal tomorrow" kind of crash either. We're talking major loud sounds coming from the hard drive followed by "No hard drive detected" kind of crash.

I am devastated.

All my digital pictures were on that laptop. ALL of them. Last time I backed up? April 2007. So Amanda was 3 months old. I have nothing, NOTHING of Kevin. Save what I uploaded to flickr to post on this blog (thank you blog!).

A friend is taking a look at it for me, but I have pretty much given up hope at this point. I drag my sorry butt up to the extraordinarily hot attic (what is up with this weather, one day it's 60, the next it's 90!) every night to check facebook on Mike's computer, and think about all that I have lost.

I feel disconnected.

No comments: