Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fabulous Five!

My baby girl is 5 today!

 This picture was taken this past weekend at a friends' birthday party at Scooter's Jungle.  She was so excited to turn 5 just like all her friends!

She is turning into quite the little lady.  She is often shy at first, but (just like me) opens up quickly and likes to make sure everyone is included.  I often hear from her teachers that she is the first one to approach a new friend in the class and befriend them.  I couldn't be prouder! 

She has a quick wit like her dad and will often have us laughing around the dinner table.  She can often be super-sensitive and quick to cry, but usually a quick hug and she's back to her mischevious self.  She has been an amazing older sister and loves her little brother to peices (most days).

She will start Kindergarten this Fall, although we don't know where yet.  That's the fun of living in the city near a school that has horrible API scores.  I will keep you posted on what happens with that.  But suffice it to say, I don't want her to go to the school down the street!

The 'norm' at our new school is for the parents of the birthday child to provide a pizza lunch for the class.  So I will be heading down there at noon today to provide pizza, fruit, juice & cupcakes to all the kids.  We also put together 'goody bags' for everyone with a personalized card from Amanda in each one (she is quite the artist lately).  Happy Birthday to my litttle (big) girl!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Congratulations! 5 is such a milestone!