Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scheduling time to relax

I need to do this.
I had a mom's club meeting last night and we are reading a book called "The Coffee Mom's Devotional". Our chapter this week was about finding time to relax. And someone said something very poignant. We make lists of all the "to-do's" in our life, but do we include "relax" in that list? I certainly don't. I have 100 million things I have to get done, but that does not include relaxing.

If I take the time to relax, I feel guilty about it. But if I *schedule* the time to relax and get away, I don't. See a theme here? I received a gift certificate from Mike to Glen Ivy Spa for Christmas. I still haven't scheduled a time to go. Part of this is because I'm still nursing and going to a spa with my pump does not sound relaxing. The other part is that I feel guilty for wanting to spend time away from the kids. I already spend 8 hours a day at work, 5 days a week. Do I really want to spend another day on a weekend away from them? But sometimes I have to or I'll go crazy.

No comments: