Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why I don't whip it out

I have a love/hate relationship with nursing.

I love that I am able to give my baby nourishment that helps them thrive
I love the bonding and closeness we get

I really hate pumping (a necessity since I work full time)
And I hate nursing in public (NIP as it's known on all the boards)

I really couldn't put my finger on why I don't like NIP though. I know it's a natural thing to do, I know I can't always force baby to adhere to a schedule that works for me. But something about whipping it out in public makes both me and Mike very nervous. Today I stumbled on this:
http://www.drmomma.org/2010/06/breastfeeding-in-church-picture-of.html

Seriously wow. She touched on exactly what it is that makes me nervous. If you have ever breastfed, or know someone who has struggled with this exact issue, it's a good read.

No comments: