Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm a big kid now!

So as many of you know, I wear contacts. I think I've worn them since I was 12 or 13. Technically I am legally "blind" without anything to help me see. Anyway, so insurance usually covers an amount off of contacts for a year OR new glasses. Seeing as how I use contacts a lot more and only wear glasses at night, I usually use my amount towards a year's supply of contacts. So, I very rarely get new glasses. The last time I got new glasses was 5 years ago. The lenses were actually starting to crack, and Mike has never really liked the frames I had, so I decided it was time for new ones.

I headed over to LensCrafters one afternoon without the kids and began looking through their cheapest frames. The guy that greeted me at the door was no help. I kept asking what he thought of these frames & these, and like a typical guy, he would just shrug and say they were 'fine'. I was starting to think I was going to end up with another pair of frames that would just 'do' as my nighttime glasses again! My name finally gets called by one of the sales people and I walk over with the 2 frames I have chosen. The lady starts out with figuring out measurements and types of lenses I'll need. Then we get to the frames, and I show her the two I've chosen. She puts them on, takes a look and tells me they are actually a bit too wide, and my eye isn't in the center of the lense.

At this point I am a little frustrated. I had a hard time even finding a frame I liked, and now they don't fit like she thinks they should! But, she has a solution. She asks me if I mind if she picks out a few frames. Yes, please! So then she says she hopes she doesn't offend me... and walks over ot the KID'S section. Yes, the frames for children. I almost burst out laughing! She came back and I tried on I think 6 or 7 frames and finally chose one.

A week later I picked up my kid's glasses and have been wearing them ever since.


No comments: