Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Caught in between

I am non-confrontational.

There. I said it.

I hate confrontation. Despise it even. My mind goes blank, my palms get sweaty, and I forget everything I want to bring to the table. This is why I like e-mail so much. I can think about what I want to say, compose it the way I want to say it, re-read, re-write and finally send.  Then it's just up to the e-mail gods that the person on the other end reads it the way I intended it to be!  But that's a story for another day...

So...
Today I start off the day like any normal day.  And at some point I get a phone call asking me to help with what could potentially become a lawsuit against the company I work for.  Great.  And guess what, I'm the one who knows & understands this stuff more than anyone!  So far, all correspondence has been by snail-mail (his choice) or e-mail (my choice).  But now they want to have a phone call!  Ack!  Panic time!

Then...
I get copied on a bunch of e-mails about a conflict that really doesn't even include me, but I got pulled in due to being the head of the parents group at our daycare.  Great.  I don't really know if I should even respond, but I feel bad for these people all the same.  I just don't want to be the next head on the chopping block!

So today I feel stuck in the middle.  I am the cream of the oreo, the marshmallow in the s'more.  Lovely.

No comments: